Collooney, Sligo Climate & Temperature
- Collooney, Sligo, Ireland is at 54°10'N, 8°27'W, 37 m (121 ft). See map.
- Collooney, Sligo has a marine west coast climate that is mild with no dry season, warm summers. Heavy precipitation occurs during mild winters which are dominated by mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Collooney, Sligo is situated in or near the cool temperate wet forest biome.
- The mean annual temperature is 9.4 degrees Celsius (49 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 10.5 °C (18.9°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 8°C (46.4°F) on average falling to 1.3°C (34.4°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 13.3°C (56°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 4.3°C (39.8°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 18.3°C (65°F) and average low temperatures are 10.3°C (50.6°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 13.7°C (56.6°F) during the day and lows of 6°C (42.8°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1131 mm (44.5 inches) which is equivalent to 1131 Litres/m² (27.74 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1200 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Collooney, Sligo you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Macquarie Island, Australia where you would find a Tundra climate.
Collooney, Sligo Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Collooney, Sligo Climate Graph in Metric Units
Collooney, Sligo Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Collooney, Sligo, Ireland Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Tiree, Uk - 276 kms (171.5 miles) NNE
- Glasgow, Scotland, Uk - 318.8 kms (198.1 miles) NE
- Malin Head, Ireland - 149.8 kms (93.1 miles) NNE
- Ballykelly, Northern Ireland, Uk - 134.8 kms (83.7 miles) NE
- Belfast-Aldergrove, Uk - 153.5 kms (95.4 miles) ENE
- Belfast, Northern Ireland, Uk - 153.5 kms (95.4 miles) ENE
- Clones, Ireland - 81.3 kms (50.5 miles) E
- Douglas, Isle Of Man, Uk - 259.2 kms (161.1 miles) E
- Dublin, Ireland - 166.8 kms (103.6 miles) ESE
- Valley, Uk - 277.5 kms (172.4 miles) ESE
- Birr, Offaly, Ireland - 128.3 kms (79.7 miles) SSE
- Kilkenny, Ireland - 191.9 kms (119.2 miles) SSE
- Rosslare, Wexford, Ireland - 253.6 kms (157.6 miles) SE
- Aberporth, Uk - 344.2 kms (213.9 miles) SE